26 Feb 2012

IPP2 Piece Ideas

Experiences within this module have led me to explore the concept of leaving traces to reveal a piece of lasting art. Body Art –The Violated Body lecture introduced me to Franko B’s work and I have been researching and developing ideas of my own traces leaving a mark. I am interested in the Feminist ideas raised by the Guerrilla Girls and how they were masked and their real identities hidden while protesting. This idea of hidden identity is personal to me. I have noticed that I gain confidence by applying makeup and covering up ‘imperfections’. This has made me question what is perfection? Is everything a facade? How can we find the truth? I have been experimenting with the notion of stripping away and looking within. By using water, makeup, cloth, paints and sheets, I have been able to explore these issues in a way that leaves a lasting mark.
I propose to develop these concepts within studio spaces into a larger exploration. I will continue this process, free of the limitations of an end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment