10 Jan 2013

Movement Studies November Reflections - Experiential Anatomy

Throughout this month we have been layering more and more information into Movement Studies 3. Leading on from the Naval Radiation Starfish pattern we have began to look at the Mouthing Pattern (Sea Squirt Model). Within this session we looked at how the mouth can initiate whole body movement. The Digestive Tract was essential when thinking about this pattern. Imagining I had a central line running vertically through the middle of my body helped me to visualise and feel the Digestive Tract within my body. We imagine the image of a sea squirt. Its has a long, tube like appearance with no spine. We brushed a partners cheek and watched them follow the brush with their mouth. This movement initiated a sideways rolling action. We have also looked at the Mouthing Pattern. The animal that we think of is the Lancelet when looking at this pattern. It has three tubes down the centre of the body. These are the Digestive tract, Neural tube and Notochord. Thinking about having three lines within my body helped me to think clearly about my head to tail relationship at the same time as making movement continuous and fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment