2 Feb 2011

Exploring with paper

In this session we explored the paper. We first watched Florence Peake demonstrate and I immediately felt nervous. The process looked really claustrophobic and I thought I may get trapped inside the paper. However, when I actually did it, I was surprised to find it felt like someone was giving me a hug and affection inside the paper. COSY, WARM, OWN SECRET PLACE, PROTECTION, HIDDEN, REBORN It made me think of a caterpillar cocoon process and the image of a butterfly and freedom. When we came out of the paper we then made costumes with the paper. I really enjoyed this and felt like a character. This reminded me of wedding dresses/playfulness. This process then turned into the whole group interacting with the leftover papers on the floor. It quickly developed into a snowball fight. YOUTH, PLAYFUL, FRESH, NEW, YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment